Do ankle injuries require x-rays? Ottawa Ankle Rules.After the ankle is injured, for example, the foot is swollen or the foot is hit by a heavy object, generally if we go to the hospital to see a doctor, the doctor will arrange the patient to take X-rays to determine whether the fracture is broken. However, do X-rays need to be taken in all cases? No, in clinical diagnosis, the Ottawa ankle rule can be used as a judgment.
First of all, we need to confirm whether the ankle is fractured. We can rule out the following items. If one of them can be confirmed, then we need to take an X-ray of the ankle:
1. Can’t walk 4 steps immediately after injury
1. Press the tibia and fibula from bottom to top, there is no pain within 6 cm from the bottom edge, and then determine whether the foot is fractured. If one of the following is true, then you need to take a foot X-ray
4. Pain in the middle of the foot
5. Pain when the proximal 5th metatarsal is pressed
6. Pain when pressing the navicular bone
Author: X Ray Machine Accessories
Company: Weifang Newheek Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.
ADD: E Building of Future Star Scientific Innovation Industrial Zone of No.957 Wolong East Street, Yulong Community, Xincheng Sub-District Office, Weifang Hi-tech Zone, Shandong Province, China